Welcome to 2020!

HELLO EVERYONE! 

It has been a HOT MINUTE since I've written on this platform! First of all, Happy 2020! I haven't written on this platform since last year, even last decade! (Okay, I'm done with the decade jokes, its February! 😁) 

That being said, I suppose you could say that a New Year's Resolution in a way is to continue writing, and release some sort of writing/ creative thing every Thursday on this blog. Why Thursdays? Cuz it's my favourite day of the week! Its passed Wednesday, and it's almost Friday! Right in the cozy middle! 

To celebrate my new 'resolution' of writing weekly, I wrote a small thing called "Something I've Noticed". I know. I wrote it back in January, but it was a sweet thing I noticed and I thought you guys would enjoy it! Think of it as my welcome back to the blog! Enjoy! 

Something I've Noticed. 

So, my schedule has changed. Not too typical, as your schedule as an EA is bound to change, depending on the school's needs. So, instead of being in 2 kindergarten classes, I'm in 3. (I feel like an ECE most of the time!) And I cannot get over the differences in each class, but let me tell you a couple. 

One class had 17 today (Cuz "the plague" is going around this week and 12 kids are sick!!!), and they were quite quiet: Playing to themselves, everyone was calm, it was a great environment. But something felt missing. 

Another class has 28! It's boisterous and loud and busy. The class gets really loud and it can be really overwhelming, even for me working in that class. Instead of praying, there is "meditation time", which I'm not all for meditation of that kind, but there still felt like something was missing. 

The third class I'm in has 30 kids. You would think that the class was crazy and wild being there so many of them. But honestly, it was a great class! The kids are polite, carpet time wasn't chaotic, and I kept thinking to myself, "How?!" 

The difference was Jesus. 

The teacher led them into prayer not once, but twice during the time I was there. The second prayer was a way for these kids to calm down after a busy time outside. The prayer was so simple! May it be applicable to our own lives. 

"Thank you Jesus for being my friend. I know Your love will never end. " 

But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” - Matthew 19:14 ESV 


Comments

Popular Posts